Sample-Studios invites submissions of proposals for exhibitions for The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion in 2025/6.
Submissions are invited for solo and group exhibitions, from members at any career stage and working in any medium. This Open Call is available to current members of Sample-Studios only.
This open call aims to enable our members to engage new audiences with their work, enhance membership engagement with Sample-Studios’ exhibitions, respond imaginatively to the context of The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion, increase visibility of Sample-Studios’ members locally and nationally and offer members a meaningful platform for the development of their practice.
Proposals which address the following are particularly welcome:
- Enable 3 or more members to exhibit their work (ie: Member-led Group Exhibitions)
- Facilitate membership engagement with The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion
- Serve to establish a new community-based partnership for Sample-Studios
- Engage new audiences with Sample-Studios
Eligibility: Open to all members of Sample-Studios. However, members who have had or will have solo or joint exhibitions presented by Sample-Studios (in The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion, St. Luke’s Crypt or offsite) during the years 2021-2024 are not eligible to apply.
Submissions will be assessed in terms of critical importance to the member, track record, ambition, alignment with Sample-Studios goals of increasing its visibility within the cultural and wider community locally and nationally, feasibility and suitability to the venue. Up to 4 proposals will be selected and participating artists and curators will receive a fee.
Applications should made in one pdf document and be emailed to tactic.samplestudios (at) gmail.com with your name and “Sample-Studios Members Open Call” in the subject line. Submissions must include:
- C.V: Max 2 pages
- Statement: Max 300 words
- Examples of up to 10 works in one PDF (Work in progress and/ or previous work is acceptable)
- Link to your website and/or social media platforms if relevant
- Exhibition proposal: Max 500 words. As part of your proposal, please briefly address the following if relevant:
1) If there are any time sensitivities for your proposal eg: to coincide with Cork Midsummer Festival/ is part of a touring exhibition programme or if you are flexible
2) Your target audience(s) for your exhibition/events and how you propose to engage the public with your exhibition/ event
3) How you propose to engage your fellow members with your exhibition/event.
4) If there are any partnerships you have sought/secured or intend to seek/secure in support of your exhibition/ event.
Deadline for exhibition proposals is 11am, Wednesday 10th of January 2024. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Submissions will be assessed by a panel and members will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid February 2024. If you have any queries or require a floorplan of The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion for your proposal, contact Sinéad Barrett, Programme Coordinator: tactic.samplestudios (at) gmail.com